The BuildingA daughter of The Church of the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Prittlewell St. Mary's Prittlewell. The first Mission Room on the site was Iron clad, the building still stands and is now used as the main church hall. In 1898 the foundation stone of the present church designed by Sir Charles Nicholson was laid, the structure being of brick and flint. Sir Charles brother Archibald Keightley Nicholson was responsible for many of the stained glass windows including the great west window.A very long and detailed history of the church can be found under the "Our History" menu
We are of the Catholic tradition, the use of vestments and incense are a regular and impotant part of our worship.
CongregationThe congregation is made up in the large of more mature worshipers however this is changing with a number of new younger people with children joining us. We have an active Scout Group. Westcliff District Scouts
The ParishThe Parish Parish of Southend-on-Sea consists of four Parish Churches All Saints, St. Alban's, St. Mark's and St. John's. Between us we cater to all types of churchmanship and age ranges.A fifth church the great cathedral sized St.Erkenwalds was declared redundant in 1978 and was finally demolished in 1995. The Parish has a Team Ministry.